Pastor Jeff Heard
Pastor Jeff Heard has founded and pastored Carencro’s Apostolic Church since 2000. He and his wife, Connie Heard, have been married for 31 years and have 5 children and 2 grandchildren. Pastor Heard has a passion for Bible teaching, sound doctrinal understanding, and a heart to preserve the traditions of old fashioned Bible living. Carencro’s Apostolic Church has developed into a strong, community oriented place of worship, and has benefited greatly from Pastor Heard’s vision and leadership. Pastor Heard was born and raised in Lake Charles, Louisiana and graduated from McNeese State University in 1982. In the summer of 1986 he joined Lafayette's Greater First Apostolic Church under the Ministry of Reverend John Broussard. He was commissioned to be a minister of the gospel in 1991. In the year of 1999, Pastor Heard and Rev Broussard planned to start what would end up being the last daughter work of Rev Broussard’s ministry on earth. In October of 2000, Pastor Heard and the Carencro’s Apostolic Church opened its doors for the first time to the city of Carencro.
Books Written By Pastor J. Heard:
- The Life and Times of Jesus Christ - Pastor J Heard
- The Mysteries of the Book of Daniel - Pastor J Heard
- The Faith of the Saints - Pastor J Heard
Carencro's Apostolic Church opened its doors in the year 2000 by Pastor J. Heard under the ministry of Elder Broussard. The church opened its doors with the goal of providing an Apostolic sanctuary of worship in the town of Carencro, Louisiana. Carencro's Apostolic is a growing church with a vision to connect people to the life-changing power of Jesus Christ through worship, fellowship, ministry, and training. We are focusing our prayer, time, and resources on reaching the lost. Our goal is not just salvation, but discipleship. It is our desire to minister to individuals and families, so they can build their lives on a foundation of truth and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Our mission is to provide every soul in Carencro with the opportunity to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. We do this in several ways, including offering in-home Bible studies. If you are interested in participating in a Bible study, please contact us.
What to Expect
Our services at Carencro First Apostolic Church are vibrant and impactful. You'll enjoy dynamic worship, inspired preaching, and in depth study of the scriptures. We encourage you to participate and worship as you feel to do so. Sometimes after the preaching, we will have an altar call and spend some time in prayer. Feel free to join us.
Sunday Morning (10:00 am)
Our Sunday morning services are geared toward first time visitors. We normally sing a few songs and then our lesson starts at 10:30. The adult class is in the main sanctuary (ages 15+) and we have an exciting Sunday school program for children ages 5 - 15. Sunday school classes have praise songs, hand crafts, snack time, bible lessons and more!
Sunday Night (7:00 pm).
This service consists of spontaneous worship and inspired word. Be prepared for a joyful and encouraging time during our evening service. Psalms 95:1-2 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
Thursday Night (7:30 pm)
Prayer time from 6:30-7:30 Our mid-week Bible study is an excellent service for someone who is looking for in-depth teachings on the Bible. If you visit on a Thursday night, then there is a good chance you will get a chance to dig into the "meat" of the word! Come hungry for the Word of God.
What We Believe
The Apostolic Faith is founded on the pure Word of God. As Paul says in II Corinthians chapter 11, do not be deceived through subtlety... that your minds would be corrupted from the simplicity of the Gospel. Our foundational scriptures are simple in understanding and appeal to the core tenants of the Gospel as presented in the New Testament: Spirit and Truth. The word of God is true, right, and holy, and is the solution for all of humankind. God has revealed himself in his word and all of life's questions can be fully and completely answered in the word of God.
Grounded in Truth
The Foundation of any Church should be Truth. There is no relative truth. God has provided his written word as a record of what is True and what is a lie. For us to succeed in living a pleasing life for God, we must continually go back to his word to define what is True. Our heart, and what we imagine about the things of God, will ultimately fail us.
- Jeremiah 17:9, The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
- John 4:24, God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- John 17:17, Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Filled with his Spirit
To successfully live for God in Holiness, you must be spirit filled. The New Testament teaches us to “walk in the spirit” and to be “of” the Spirit of God. America today is saturated with Religion and Churches of all sorts, and this would imply an abundance of spirit and unity. In reality there is a depth of Spirit filled living and love of God is not being spread abroad. As noted above, God is a spirit. Much of the empowerment to overcome sin that is taught in the New Testament is anchored in the principals and operation of the spirit.
- 1Co 2:4, And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
- 1Co 2:5, That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
- Romans 8:2, For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
The start of your walk with God begins with being Born Again.
- John 3:5, Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- Acts 2:38, “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
The Bible has instruction to navigate life and understanding God’s Word empowers us to walk in the Spirit.
- Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.
- Isaiah 55:6, Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
A lifestyle of holiness is commanded in scripture. Because God is holy, He has made it clear that He disapproves of His people indulging in activities which are not conducive to righteousness, holiness, and moral purity. Godly living should characterize the life of every Christian, and we should live according to the pattern and example given in the Word of God.
- Hebrews 12:14, Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see God.
- Titus 2:11-12, For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us, that denying all ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.
- I Peter 1:15-19, But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- 1 Peter 2:9, But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:”